Upcoming Events and Information
• 24th - 27th June 2020: Kemmy Business School, UL: International Symposium on Cross-Sector Social Interactions Conference (CSSI 2020) which will take place between 24th -27th June 2020 at the Kemmy Business School. The event will bring together researchers and practitioners to debate and share learnings on how business, government, and civil society can interact to better address societal challenges such as climate change, immigration , social exclusion, and poverty. The event is also an important meeting point for the fast-growing research community on cross-sector interaction and collaboration. The conference website is www.CSSI2020.com
• 14th October 2020: Business in the Community Ireland - Business in the Community Ireland Strategic Action Plan 2019 - 2021. Better Business for a Better Ireland summarises BITCI ambitions to 2021. 2020 will mark the 20th anniversary of BITCI and they will be organising a series of special events to mark 20 years of promoting sustainable businesses in Ireland, with their major conference taking place in Dublin on 14th October 2020.
• Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Circular 20/2019 – Promoting the use of Environment and Social Considerations in Public Procurement.
• Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE): Presentations from Putting Green Public Procurement into Action on Climate.
• Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE) recently featured in an article on Business in the Community on the Circular Economy.
• HSE: Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an open labour market initiative. IPS is an evidence based employment programme. Research has shown that it is the most effective method of overcoming barriers to employment for people with severe and enduring mental health difficulties. It was developed in the US and has been replicated in several other countries. IPS has been piloted and is now being implemented in Ireland with the HSE (The Service Reform Fund) partnering with the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Video on Individual Placement and Support (IPS) in Ireland. For more information contact John Mc Cusker, Operations and Improvements Manager, Mental Health Services, HSE at email@example.com or Sharon Lane, Service Reform Manager, Mental Health, GENIO at Sharon.Lane@genio.ie
• New Case Studies Published: Danone Dairy Ireland BCorp Accreditation, Open Doors Initiative, Diageo Ireland Learning for Life Programme, Speedpak Group - CSR Making an impact on individuals, and KPMG's Bold Girls Initiative.
• The Community Foundation for Ireland – ‘Building Healthy Communities: Strategic Partnership from Concept to Delivery Framework’ was launched at the Community Foundation for Ireland event which took place on 19 September 2019.
• Grow It Yourself (GIY) GROW Circle - an employee led food sustainability programme aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals.
• During RTÉ on Climate Week, RTÉ partnered with Business in the Community (BITC) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) hosted a special event, Towards the Circular Economy in Ireland. Watch the event here.