Upcoming Events and Information
• NewCase StudiesPublished: Open Doors Initiative, Diageo Ireland Learning for Life Programme, Speedpak Group - CSR Making an impact on individuals, and KPMG's Bold Girls Initiative.
• Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: Circular 20/2019 – Promoting the use of Environment and Social Considerations in Public Procurement.
• Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE): Presentations from Putting Green Public Procurement into Action on Climate.
• The Community Foundation for Ireland – ‘Building Healthy Communities: Strategic Partnership from Concept to Delivery Framework’ was launched at the Community Foundation for Ireland event which took place on 19 September 2019.
• 20th November: Corporate Giving Workshop 14.30-16.30pm - Medtronic, Hatch Street Lower, D02 XH02 Dublin
• 27th November: Launch of DCU's Access to the Workplace Programme for 2020: On the day, Anne O’Leary, CEO of Vodafone Ireland will discuss the ethical and business case for diversity and inclusion. The findings from an independent evaluation of the Access to the Workplace 2019 pilot will be shared, which provided 50 DCU Access students with a high quality summer work placement hosted by over 38 leading Irish companies this year. This event will be of interest to all companies committed to building a culture of diversity and inclusion, those concerned with access to talent, and those with a desire to support young people from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds to fulfill their potential in life. - Wednesday, 27th November 2019, 10:30am - 12:30pm, Solas Room, The U, DCU Glasnevin Campus.
• 27th November: Boardmatch Ireland Trustee Speed dating: Boardmatch will be holding our Charity Trustee Speed from 6-8pm on 27th November at the Convention Centre Dublin (CCD).
• 27th November: European Day of Social Economy Enterprises 2019: Strasbourg, France, organised by The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC).
• 28th November: Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine: Woodland Environmental Fund (WEF) – creating business value from restoring Ireland’s native woodlands
Businesses in Ireland are seeking solutions to meet expanding climate, biodiversity and sustainability commitments, whilst also supporting national objectives. The creation of new native woodlands is of growing interest across business sectors as the drive for natural climate solutions increases. The WEF is an ideal platform for Government, the business community and landowners to work together to help meet planting targets set out recently in the Climate Action Plan 2019. If your business would like to learn more about the WEF, a breakfast briefing event is being held at the Science Gallery, Trinity College Dublin starting at 8am and finishing at 9:45am on 28th November 2019. RSVP to WEF@agriculture.gov.ie by Friday, 15th November 2019. For specific queries on this event please contact Karl Coggins at firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more about the WEF initiative at Woodland Environmental Fund.
• 24th - 27th June 2020: Kemmy Business School, UL: International Symposium on Cross-Sector Social Interactions Conference (CSSI 2020) which will take place between 24th -27th June 2020 at the Kemmy Business School. The event will bring together researchers and practitioners to debate and share learnings on how business, government, and civil society can interact to better address societal challenges such as climate change, immigration , social exclusion, and poverty. The event is also an important meeting point for the fast-growing research community on cross-sector interaction and collaboration. The conference website is www.CSSI2020.com
• 14th October 2020: Business in the Community Ireland - Business in the Community Ireland Strategic Action Plan 2019 - 2021. Better Business for a Better Ireland summarises BITCI ambitions to 2021. 2020 will mark the 20th anniversary of BITCI and they will be organising a series of special events to mark 20 years of promoting sustainable businesses in Ireland, with their major conference taking place in Dublin on 14th October 2020.